Solenoid and actuator solutions for public transportation industries
Transport systems and infrastructure must deliver safe, cost-effective travel combined with high levels of equipment reliability. To achieve this without compromise, the designers of rail and road-based transport systems rely heavily on support provided by their chosen suppliers of sub-systems.
Magnet Schultz Ltd has a wide range of solenoid and actuator technologies for the transport industry, along with extensive experience developing bespoke solenoid-based product solutions to meet the specific requirements of these clients in the transport sector.
Highly experienced in this sector
Many years of experience has seen us work on numerous demanding applications including:
- High-reliability locks for cabin doors on high-speed inter-city trains
- Robust security assemblies for use in emergency detrainment on underground trains
- Special high-strength electro-permanent magnets for securing wheelchair access platforms on buses
- High-shear-strength bolt assemblies for automatic locking of the emergency exits in coaches, once the vehicle speed reaches 5 kph
- High-protection actuating devices for carriage route selection in city and airport-based mass transit systems
Our experienced designers and engineering resources are available to meet the most demanding requirements in public transport systems.
We are proud to include Wordline IT Services, Bombardier, Knorr Bremse, MAN Diesel, Vodafone (taxi solution), Vapor Rail, Wabtec, Woodward Diesel and Wrightbus amongst our transportation industry clients.
To speak to a technical expert about your requirements, or for more information on the standard products and added value design solutions we have created for the transportation industry, contact us today.
Transport industry news
Contact a technical expert
+44 (0)1483 794700